1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320:

1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 Owner Comments

May 042015

E320

I had bought this car almost new in 1998 (six months old) and took special care of the car. I have every receipt for any repairs that were done. The car was always kept in a covered garage so was not subject to being left wet and further more I live in a desert area where it is dry anyway.

This spring just fell off in my driveway. I was planning a trip the next day and it it had happened during this trip on the Coquihalla highway doing 120 kpr the posted speed limit, I was told by my mechanic that I would probably not be here to tell the story.

I love this car and expect this to be lasting more than 16 years. I am devastated because my dealer is not taking responsibility so far but I hope the factory will do something. By the look of all the complaints on the net, this should have been a recall but for some reason they didn't do that. I have been left with no car and I financially cannot just go an buy another one.

The service manager at the dealership is telling me that it can't be fixed and I am probably sh*t out of luck. I plan on protesting in front of the dealership with a crowd of people as this is rotten and they should take responsibility. Not only could I have been killed, I now have no car. They also said that it is old, but mine was so taken care of it looks brand new. I had a new paint job done 2 years ago. It is not good advertisement for Mercedes if these cars are only expected to last 16 years after pay $75,000. + you expect it to last a lifetime like they tell you it will when you buy them.

Please if anyone can help me, I would be so grateful. I need them to take responsibility.

- , Kamloops, BC, Canada