2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercedes-Benz E320:

2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 Owner Comments

Feb 132010

The vehicle accelerates when I am coming to a stop;this has happened about 5-6 times. On May 23, 09 I was almost stopped in a parking place and the car started bucking against my application of the brake and it was about 30 yards before the vehicle struck another vehicle and stopped. On Feb.13 of this year I was stopping at a stop sign and the vehicle again started accelerating. Placing the gear into neutral saved another crash. The speed of the vehicle at the time of the incidents has been only about 2 mph. I know that "others" like to claim confusion, driver error, etc. I am absolutely certain that such has not been the case and I have a passenger witness to these incidents and what I did the vehicle simply overpowers my attempts to brake and bucks like a wild horse.. I have had the vehicle examined by several garages and they say that w/O the ability to recreate the incident a diagnosis cannot be made. The incident 5- 29-09 did result in damages. Newport beach police were called. The Feb 13 2210 incident did not result in damages (unless you are including being terrified of a crash).

- Newport Beach, CA, USA