2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz E320:

2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 Owner Comments

Aug 232008

While driving my E-320 I heard a loud popping sound come through the speakers. After I heard the sound the rear speakers and the sub woofer began to make a noised that suggested they were busted. When I stop the car and shut it off I heard a buzzing noise come through the speakers. Now when ever I apply the brakes I hear what sounds like a faulty ground noise coming through the speakers. There have been recalls on the brakes electrical system that sounds just like the problem that I am having but mb said my car is not included in the recall, by the way the to door speakers cost $189 dollars a piece and the rear sub woofer cost $639 dollars. I haven't started the research on how much the radio unit cost. This car has giving me several problems. What a beautiful lemon..

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Sep 122004

Purchased 2003 Mercedes E-320 on 1/10/04 from leith Mercedes in raleigh, nc, two hours from my home. When I picked up the car, the tele-aid did not work - module replaced - old part not available; adjusting motor for outside mirror did not work - motor replaced - old part not available. In may, 2004, dash message said contact dealer. Contacted dealer who sent flatbed for car. Had car for 3 weeks. No explanation of failure. Finally arranged a rental car for me. Car is currently at dealer for A/C failure (drove 1,400 miles with no A/C!) leaky trunk (part of that trip was in the rain, and my luggage and other items in the trunk got wet) "groaning noise" in engine compartment, whistling sunroof( which has already been replaced because of whistling - old part not available) whistling fan;ambient lighting and windshield wipers come on at will; rear overhead light does not work; clock loses time. This time, under duress, they arranged a loaner vehicle for me. Have had one call from dealer since car was brought in on 9/12/04 to clarify an item on my list. They "did not know" when my car would be ready. Today is 9/22 and I have not heard from them. When I asked dealer about brake recall, they said they had no knowledge of it, even though it was on the front page of usa today. I have asked for a free extended warranty as the car had 5,000 miles on it when purchased - (it now has 18,000+ - so my warranty is for 1 year or 50,000). They will "get back to me" on it. So far, I have not heard a word. I travel alot alone, and the car is making me uneasy. My husband refuses to drive it. I believe the car is a lemon! also, when I arranged to purchase the vehicle, they told me the car would be a new one, then called me to tell me it was, in fact, a "demo" model. It looks as if they were trying to unload it and I bought it!

- Belhaven, NC, USA

Sep 202003

E320 8-cyl

The car has been a disappointments since I got it in January 28,2003. It has had many problems and the dealership said its fix. Autohaus Mercedes Benz in pompano beach, Florida sold me a car that has been to the shop more than 10 times. 1)whippers very loud and don't clean. 2) fuel gauge does not work 3) tire sensors do not work 4)stereo shuts off and on 5)alignment problem car pulls to the right. 6)engine is very loud 7)engine hesitates. 8) sos malfunction 9)Mercedes Benz phone does not work. 10) lowjack system that they installed has not worked properly since they put it on. When they sold me the car they said that they were going to come out with a gps and a voice activate kit for the Mercedes Benz and now they tell me that they were not going to make it for my car so I was lied too. My car has been to the shop more than 10 times and still not fix and the service manager has lied to me because he said that the items are fix and two days later they are bad again. I will not recommend Mercedes Benz to anyone as they are not what they just to be. Also I will not recommend to anyone autohaus in pompano beach, Florida they do not believe in customer service and they service manager jerry odessy only lies to people as it did to me several times and he is also very rude. I have also E-mail the president of autohaus and he has never responded and the corporate office is not to far behind about customer service and rudeness. Do not buy Mercedes there are a lot of better car out there. If you buy a Mercedes make sure you car was not in a flood as I read that a lot of their cars were in a flood and they are selling them like nothing happend.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA