2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz E320:

2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 Owner Comments

Apr 062016

Water gets in the trunk somehow and causes faulty wuthering sam boxes..creating electrical fire hazzard..can't seem to figure out how water gets in trunk and settles where spare tire sits near battery and electronic wiring

- Louisville, KY, USA

Aug 162012

E320 6-cyl

I purchased my car from a used car dealership of course I expected to have to have minor work done on it. Immediately noticed that the heater didn't work when I had it repaired I was told that some valve often gets stuck on these cars the dealership always run diagnostics on your car whether you want them to or upon running the diagnostic I was advised the my new used card would need about $6K in work done from the hood to the trunk I decided to keep the car and get the major work done in stages 1st thing I had done was front break pads and rotors although I opted to have the work completed by an authorized repair shop and not the dealship for obvious reasons (cost) not once did the dealership complete recall repair work or even mention it to me that there were several recalls and my car needed to have those repairs completed but rather over charged me for ball joints plus several other things that more than likely did not need to be repaired. I felt completely taken advantage of and raised my concern adamantly to little avail. I took my car to the dealership multiple time prior to the expriration of the said 10yr extended warranty with regard to the sbc failing not once did they mention or repair it knowing full well that the main purpose of me bringing my car to them was specifically due to the brake warning light being illuminated on the dash I was told that it was some type of sensor not a big deal to worry about that my car would continue to stop and there was no need to replace the said sensor an unnecessary cost since my breaks were fine I told them my breaks weren't fine it was taking too long for the car to slow down and stop they did nothing that was 2012 the condition worsened and the light went from white to red I decided to research online a few months ago and came across 3 recalls I called mbusa they told me the warranty expired November 2013.

- Richardson, TX, USA

May 192011

Complete brake failure. Almost crashed. I have numerous fault codes in computer, ABS code, sbc code, resivior code, etc, etc on a 58,000 milr car! they are telling me only one part has extended warranty and that is the sbc. Everything else I must pay for. The sbc effects all of these other parts and that is crap! like which came first? the chicken or the egg. Why have you not effected a complete recall of this make & model as everyone is having the same problem. You and Mercedes are going to get someone killed as the brakes go to manual and it's hard panic stoppng a 3400lb car!!!!!

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Apr 072008

While I was driving the car in 35 miles speed, all of a sudden the brake system failed. I was unable to control my 2003 Mercedes E 320 and I was almost dead crossing a heavy traffic area. Fortunately I turned the car left to a parking lot and changed the gear to parking to stop the car and to avoid getting in to the shop. I bought the Mercedes with a trust, but I lost my trust. Not only that I am still waiting to get the repairing cost from Mercedes due to the product defect.

- New Hyde Park, NY, USA