2.1

2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2007 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Aug 302016

E350

30 Aug.16 took my 07 E350 with 29427 miles to the dealership because the check engine light came on and the car was hard starting. After arriving I informed the service writer the car had shut down while driving. We were proceeding through a busy major intersection when the car shut down. Luckily it started so we could safely exit the busy major intersection. After a diagnostic test was ran, I was informed the crankshaft hall sensor was defective. Additionally, the engine control unit, engine wiring harness, crank sensor and various other components are oil soaked. I notified Mercedes Benz to be told the car was out of warranty. Mercedes Benz should be held accountable for the unsafe defective materials they use. The above issues are a danger to the occupants and general public as well. The defective oil soaked wiring harness is can cause a fire. The car shuts down while driving is dangerous.

- Radcliff, KY, USA

Feb 012013

E350

The front inner tires get cupping over the time, I have to replace them every 10,000 miles. All the suspension parts are new put still the problem going on. It is a manufacturing problem with the heavy engine get the load on the power train and with the time it losing and make the tires cupping from the inner side.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 012014

E350 6-cyl

Transmission. It is my understanding that this year and model car has known transmission problems.

- Nashville, TN, USA

May 152014

E350 6-cyl

While driving and changing gears from first to second, at or around 10 - 20 RPM my engine became uncontrollable and jerked sporadically. I could not control the vehicle until it changed into 3rd gear and then began to drive as normal. The car does this repeatedly now until I feel it has become unsafe to drive. The jerking is random so I don't know when to expect it and what to do when it happens. It has caused me to veer off the road occasionally.

- Norcross, GA, USA

Feb 012014

E350 6-cyl

Transmission does not downshift when you try to stop, it chokes and dies. Transmission is stuck on the 3 gear and does not downshift.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 012014

E350 6-cyl

Check engine light came on. Took the vehicle to the local dealer and they found codes 1200, 1208, P0016 and P0017. Worn balance shaft sprocket. Doing research online turns out there are hundreds and hundreds of affected mb customers. Mercedes knew of this problem as early as 2007 but has not publicly addressed this issue or issued a recall. The bill to fix this issue is over $4,000, some people report the dealer quoting them over $10,000. My price to fix this is $5,995. My complaint is that this is a known issue by Mercedes. Knowingly they installed, and kept installing, parts that wear out prematurely leaving customers with an unfairly large bill to correct their mistake.

- Troutdale, OR, USA

Apr 052011

E350 6-cyl

The above date is an estimate: Transmission slips causing car to stall and almost got rear-ended. Took car that was under warranty to dealership and they could not find an issue with transmission. Problem have gotten worst. Googled issue and found a lot of complaints about the same issue. The more serious problem is my car reeks with the smell of gasoline. Took car to same dealer and they said they fixed the problem but my car still smell of gasoline. I actually get nausea when driving and eyes began to burn. If I was a smoker, I would be afraid to light a cigarette in my car. My garage also smell of gasoline when I park. Wsbtv in atlanta did a series on this issue last month because of the many complaints. Someone will be injured or killed if these issues is not address. Dealer is Mercedes Benz of South atlanta.

- Stockbridge, GA, USA

Dec 072010

E350 6-cyl

While entering the freeway, the transmission disengaged and failed. The vehicle was steered to the shoulder. The dash lights all changed to red and the transmission would not engage. After shutting off the engine and restarting the vehicle, it performed normally until last week. The same failure occurred three times last week. After restarting the engine the car was taken to the closest non-dealer service center and a reset of the transmission speed sensor was performed electronically. I was advised that this is a common problem with model and that I would need a new set of valves, sensors, seals etc.

- Fountain Valley, CA, USA

Apr 032012

E350

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes Benz E350. The contact stated that the vehicle would jerk violently when shifting gears. Also, while driving 20 mph the vehicle would not shift into second gear and stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection but they provided not assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and filed a complaint and stating that the vehicle was not under warranty. The failure mileage was 113,000.

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Feb 022012

E350 6-cyl

I bought this car about 4 months ago. This car has been serviced religiously at the local Mercedes dealer and there has been "no know problems". on a Thursday I noticed the car shifting a little funny so I had my husband drive it just to be sure. He noticed the same erratic shifting. On Saturday I dropped the car off at the Mercedes dealer (same dealer it has always been serviced at). When I parked the car I wanted to check each gear just to make sure and what do you know...it would not shift into reverse. Later that day I had to call Mercedes to find out what was going on with the car and they proceeded to tell me the car had metal shavings in the transmission pan and would need a new transmission. The quote for a new transmission is $5800!!! I don't understand how the car did not give me any warning nor an indicator light. The car only has 60K miles on it and in no way should need a new transmission. Also, keep in mind the transmission was serviced at this same Mercedes dealer at 39K miles. Something is not right and I want answers. I am completely shocked and so upset.

- Kiln, MS, USA

Jan 102011

E350 6-cyl

The check engine light came on and the engine started making a "clicking" noise. I took the car to the Mercedes dealership and they said that the balance shaft gear was completely deteriorated. They described the gear as "chewed up"! I had no choice but to pay $4,000 to get the engine removed from my car and have the balance shaft replaced.

- Geneva, FL, USA