2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

May 022014

E350 6-cyl

Pin point indentation below passenger side wiper developed into a 15 inch windshield crack. Location of the indentation made it impossible for a stone or object to hit the windshield that far below the hood line. Suspect a defective windshield was installed at the factory.

- Valrico, FL, USA

Dec 262013

E350 6-cyl

In October of 2013 I leased a 2014 Mercedes E350. The vehicle had been parked overnight at my home on 12/25/13 and upon entering the vehicle on 12/26/13, I noticed a large crack extending approximately 15 inches from the bottom of the driver's side windshield wiper and up to the center portion of the windshield. When I parked the vehicle at my home on 12/25/13 this large 15 inch crack did not exist. I took the vehicle to the Mercedes dealership on 12/27/13 and was told the huge crack in the windshield was caused by a small impact, about the diameter of a pencil point just below the windshield wiper. The extremely small pencil point diameter impact caused the windshield to develop the crack overnight while the vehicle was parked at my home, since the large crack didn't exist when I last exited my vehicle at my home on 12/25/13. I believe that if such a small pencil point sized impact as alleged by the dealer, could cause such a large crack to develop overnight while my vehicle was parked at my home, the windshield itself is defective and the weakness of the E350 windshield poses a serious safety hazard.

- West Chester, PA, USA