2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mercedes-Benz E350:

2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 Owner Comments

Aug 252016

I'm currently driving a 2104 E350 4matic with about 20,000miles on it, the front passenger wheel cracked from the inside. Upon further research it seems that the wheels cracking on the Mercedes is a known issue and a class action law suite has been filed in NY for the same. After contacting customer service, they said they don't have this issue in the database and they would not give me an escalation line or anyone that's willing to look into this issue to determine the cause of the problem and take care of.

- Northbrook, IL, USA

May 062016

While driving the air pressure notification lit up on the dashboard. Within 10 minutes I was in my driveway I glanced at the tires to see if they are low (only 3 lbs difference was lit up on the front right tire) and noticed on the front left tire that a bubble on the sidewall that had suddenly appeared which was not there earlier in the day.

- University Place, WA, USA

Sep 172014

Bought vehicle in September 2013 the car has less than 17K miles.. I have changed the tires atleast 5 times and wheels atleast 1 time. I have been told that it is because I hit a pot hole, but never in my other cars for years and 6 times on this is impossible.

- Dix Dills, NY, USA

Jan 282014

While driving on the lie in New York I hit a pot hole and the tire blew out through the sidewall. This is the 5th tire within 7 months always in the front and I have replaced with new tries.I went to Mercedes service and there were 9 others in the service area with same problem. Very hole or bump the tire explodes, creating a dangerous condition of having to stop abruptly on a highway with cars and trucks. Last time I was in the hov lane and had to cross the entire highway to get off almost getting into an accident. It is to the point my wife will not drive the car anymore for fear of being stuck on the side of the road at night or on the highway. When I explained to Mercedes I was told by the service manger not to hit pot holes and they do not build the roads. I explained but you built this car to drive on NY roads and this dangerous. I was told by one of the service people that they had 40 cars come in with the issue last month. I service my car at silver star Mercedes in long island city.

- Whitestone , NY, USA

Aug 142014

Hit pot hole on hwy 216 near abernant, al and busted 2 tires and knocked front end out of alignment. The bill to fix the car was $796. I drive a 2014 Mercedes Benz E350.

- Mccalla, AL, USA

Dec 022013

E350 6-cyl

The vehicle was serviced on 11/27/13. On 12/2/13 pulling away from a stop sign there was a loud pop and sudden drop to the car. After getting out of the vehicle and looking to see what had happened we noticed that the wheel had detached from the car. Police were notified right away because the vehicle was still in the road. Mercedes Benz embrace was notified directly afterwards and informed as to what had happened. The tow truck driver had to take a bolt out of each remaining wheel to re-attach the one that came off to load the vehicle onto the flat bed. Four lug bolts were missing. We did find a piece of a broken bolt laying on the ground not far from the car. The car was towed to the Mercedes Benz in memphis. I think this is a serious defect and should be thoroughly investigated to save the life of other drivers, had this happened to me on the interstate were I would have been driving at the speed of 70 mph all of us sitting in the car would have been dead and no one would have been able to find the cause. I hope you will take immediate action. Thanks

- Jonesboro, AR, USA