1.9

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450:

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Owner Comments

Oct 032014

GL450 8-cyl

I had just started driving down the road 2 miles and going around 25-30 mph and the car shut off and the steering wheel locked. There was cars behind me and I was able to put my hazards on. Thankfully cars were coming up to stop sign so I was able to steer off road. Started car up and drove a little further and car shut down again and locked steering repeated 4 more times til was able to get home. I was getting ready to get on freeway with my young kids in the car could have been so dangerous.

- Lodi , CA, USA

Dec 242012

GL450 8-cyl

I was driving home from work and my transmission began to not shift out of third gear going up a hill.. I took it to the dealer after this happened another 10 times and they said is a intake flap not closing properly and that they couldn't do anything about it. Now its happening so often im afraid to put my children in the car on account that every time it stops shifting when I'm in the middle of traffic and lose all power.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA

Dec 112012

GL450

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes Benz GL450. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start however, all of the warning lights on the instrument panel were illuminated followed by a warning chime. The contact also stated that there was a leak from the bottom of the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the technician recommended a fluid flush and replacing the power steering seal, steering column module, wiring harness, auxiliary battery and transmission. In addition, the contact was advised that an oil change was needed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 103,000. Kmj

- Pollock Pines , CA, USA