2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450:

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL450 Owner Comments

May 222013

Mercedes GL450 the front end started riding low after driving it and would then adjust itself, which was very noticeable not the minute amount is supposed to do just for aerodynamics. Then it started out low from a parking position and once on the road it would raise a little to where it was drivable that went on for two days I had an appointment to get it inspected and on the third day the front end just lowered itself and the whole car was very unstable jumped up and down because of tbe great difference between the front and back I was driving on a one lane road on a mountainous region which is where I live and had nowhere to pull over. I made it after driving at 30 mph on a 45 mph zone, front air suspension struts that were leaking and told me this car was notorious for this problem. I need you to please look into this O believe it is a hazardous dangerous problem with this vehicle!

- Minneapolis, MN, USA

Feb 182008

GL450 4WD 8-cyl

On February 18, 2008 at approximately 3:30 pm I was involved in an mva in which I struck the car in front of me at considerable speed. This caused considerable damage to my car (2007 Mercedes GL450) with no air bag deployment. During the attempt at stopping I felt the brake pedal become mushy and be ineffective. At first the brakes grabbed strong and then let loose with the eventual collision. After consulting with an independent Mercedes mechanic, it was suggested that this brake behavior could be explained by an anti-locking brake (ABS) sensor failure. This would account for the release of the brakes (possible detection of skid) but also the false data reaching the central computer with an erroneous speed, thus disabling the airbags. I have been in contact with Mercedes Benz or North America which has yielded no inspection or resolution. I have been asking for one of their field engineers to examine the car and see if the ABS sensor is responsible for the possible brake failure. Although the crash may still be my driver error, I don't feel comfortable repairing the car and giving it back to my wife for transportation of the family. Has an ABS sensor failure been reported for this model before?

- Sacramento, CA, USA