2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK350:

2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK350 Owner Comments

Aug 062014

GLK350 6-cyl

I just left my house and drove approximately 2 miles. I was stopped at a stop sign and as I made a turn and accelerated, I felt a drag and then a loud noise coming from under the front of the car. I then smelled smoke and saw black smoke coming from under the car. I pulled over and got out of the car and saw flames under the front of the car. In a matter of minutes the car was engulfed in flames. 911 was called and the first responders, a policeman and a person from the associated fire protection, attempted to extinguish the flames with a dry chemical fire extinguisher without success. By the time the fire department arrived, I was taken to the police department to complete a police report so I don't know how long it took to extinguish the fire but the end result is that the car is just a burned out shell and was totaled.

- Saddle River, NJ, USA