1. complete replacement of related internal wiring (1 reports)
1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320:

1999 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Owner Comments

Jul 222000

ML320 3.2L V6

Fuel pump failure occurred five (5) times before MBUSA was able to fix the problem. The 1st 4 times they just replaced the fuel pump without fixing the problem, which was in the way the vehicle wiring was designed.

I'm lucky I bought an extended warranty from MB, but they tried to reneg on it at the last repair (at approx 93000 mi).

Lucky for me the dealer in Devon PA honored the waranty even though MB said it had lapsed (I bought and paid for 100k miles)

This problem caused me to get stuck on the road 2 times. The other 3 times I recognized the signs and drove it directly to the dealer. It died in the dealer's parking lot every time.

I traded this vehicle for a 2003 Toyota Highlander, which I still have - it now has 211k mi on it and runs very well.

I know that fuel pump failure is a recurring problem for 1999 ML320s - beware!!

- , Scarsdale, NY, USA