3.4

2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320:

2001 Mercedes-Benz ML320 Owner Comments

Aug 252004

ML320 4WD 6-cyl

Contact stated that the windshield wipers did not work. The air bag light and the check engine light came on and will not go off. The dealer performed the repairs, and the failure recurred. They were telling the contact that they did not know what the problem was. The manufacturer advised her to contact dealer. The driver side window was imoperative. Updated 01/06/06.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Sep 152003

ML320

I purchased this vehicle in may of this year and every month I have been at the service department turning it in for one problem or another. I am assured they are doing all that they can but I have not gone 30 days in a row with a functioning, no problem, vehicle. I purchased a mb because I thought the value and dependability was there. I thought the vehicle would be hassle free and I could enjoy few mechanical issues. I am not spending time away from work which is causing me problems, just to keep this SUV maintained. The defects or issues with this vehicle are becoming an added expense to me and the time away from work is causing me problems. I want a vehicle that is not in the shop once a month. I tried to call the Mercedes Benz customer service line and they referred me back to the dealer. The dealer has done nothing above and beyond their job responsibilites. I am no different than the customer that comes in once every year for regular maintenance. I would think that I would be treated a little differerntly and that someone would want to solve this problem! my husband wanted to trade his BMW in for a new mb but now I think he has lost faith that mb is a reliable, stable vehicle.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA