2.0

2004 Mercedes-Benz ML350 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercedes-Benz ML350:

2004 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Owner Comments

Aug 012008

ML350

The contact owns a 2004 Mercedes Benz ML350. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact heard a noise coming from the front of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the hose clamp needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 08V465000 (steering), but the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Feb 152012

ML350

The contact owns a 2004 Mercedes ML350. While parked, the contact noticed power steering fluid was leaking from the vehicle. The contact also stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to maneuver. The failure occurred at different speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician stated that a diagnostic test was necessary to locate the cause of the failure. The contact did not have the failure diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 112009

ML350

Power steering fluid leak, resulting in occasional hard steering. This also occurred in January and April. We called the dealer and Mercedes usa and were told the vehicle was not part of the September 2008 recall.

- Bedford, NY, USA

Nov 232008

ML350

A complete loss of power steering fluid caused me to lose control of my SUV. I was unaware of any lost of power steering fluid until I lost control of my vehicle and I later check the area where I had parked the night before. I parked my vehicle until I replaced the power steering fluid. This is not the first problem I have had with this type of vehicle. I received a safety recall notice on the other ML320, 2001 that I got rid of three years ago.

- Atlanta, GA, USA