2008 Mercedes-Benz ML350 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercedes-Benz ML350:

2008 Mercedes-Benz ML350 Owner Comments

Feb 112012

ML350 6-cyl

I have owned a 2008 Mercedes Benz ML350 since it was new and it now has 52,000 miles on it. This past weekend I noticed a crack in the left front wheel that goes all the way through the wheel "spoke". that is the main part of the wheel has failed and it is a safety issue. The wheel is original oem supplied and has never been modified. All of the driving has been by myself on city streets and freeways with no abusive driving, or off-road activity. In fact the vehicle has never been driven on a non-paved road. I live in southern California so potholes as you would find in other parts of the us are not an issue. My feeling is that this is a material defect in the manufacture or design of the wheel. The dealer has advised me that if I continue to drive on it in the present condition the wheel will fail at some point when the car is in motion which will surely cause an accident.

- La Jolla, CA, USA