2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550:

2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 Owner Comments

Aug 272015

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes Benz S550. While driving approximately 10 mph and making a right turn, the brake pedal was depressed and the body of the vehicle collapsed onto the front passenger side tire. The vehicle was towed a dealer where it was diagnosed that the front passengers side strut fractured. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 08V608000 (suspension). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Homestead , FL, USA

Jul 202015

I had a 2007 S550 as I am going 70 miles per hour on a busy 405 freeway. And suddenly my vehicle front suspension full hard to the right almost collided with the vehicle on my right lane. But thank to the quick action of the driver on my right lane (he quickly change to the next lane when he saw my vehicle too close to his vehicle). If he not quickly changed to the next lane I am sure there is a multiple vehicle accident because it happen so quickly by the time I am reacted to control the vehicle, my vehicle already in his lane. I am used the emergency lane to get off the freeway at 5 mile per but my front suspension is moving up and down uneven like you are driving on uneven pavement. I had my vehicle tow to the dealer. And they are diagnosis with: Code 5200 B24/3 (left front body acceleration sensor): Signal implausible this is the same problem that my friend S550 had before but Mercedes dealer recall campaign no.2008080004. I had been show the recall letter to the service writer. After she check my VIN number and she said there is no recall for my vehicle. What can I do to have my vehicle fix under the recall campaign ? the part number need to be replace is : 004 542 35 18 if you are need any more information, I will try my best to provide it. Thank

- Hawthorne, CA, USA

Jun 032013

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes Benz S550. The contact stated that the vehicle would exhibit a loud noise when completing a turn in either direction or when traveling over a road bump. The steering wheel would also shake abnormally. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer where it was determined that the upper and lower control arms, and the ball joints dried out and failed.. the vehicle had not been repaired. The failure mileage was 78,000 and the current mileage was 80,000.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

May 152013

The contact owns a 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550. The contact stated that while driving 15 mph, the front driver and passenger side ball joints exhibited an abnormal noise, making it difficult for the contact to control the vehicle. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer and was advised that the ball joints needed to be replaced. The contact did not have the ball joints replaced. The contact did not call the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA