2.5

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500:

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500 Owner Comments

Mar 202010

SL500

I purchased my SL500 used, with only 29,000 miles on it, directly from rusnak Mercedes in arcadia, ca. Service has been beyond poor since day 1. my current problem is an obnoxious banging that comes from behind the head. I called rusnak about this and the lady was very firm telling me it's not a recall, although I'd read lots of complaints online about the same problem. So I took it to a local garage- after a week of labor they find it's a hole in the gastank, $2000 to repair. I do not understand why this has not been recalled. Everything I've read has said this is a common problem, all in 2003 Sl500S around 60,000 miles. How can Mercedes ignore this?

- La Verne, CA, USA