Trunk Lid Doesn't Close All The Way

2000 Mercury Cougar

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Mercury dealer.

4.0

2000 Mercury Cougar accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Mercury Cougar:

2000 Mercury Cougar Owner Comments

Aug 082001

Cougar

Trunk lid doesn't always close all the way like it should, regardless of how hard I slam it down. If it's not closed all the way, the car will beep until I get out and slam it shut. I mentioned this to the dealership, they said it was because it was a new car, the trunklid moulding was new and just needed to be broken in. Well a year later and it's still doing it. This occurs only several times a month, but it is still annoying. I've read about other Cougar owners having the same problem. The Mercury dealership in my town is awful, I'll have the Ford dealer fix it.

- , Clovis, CA, USA