2002 Mercury Cougar lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Cougar:

2002 Mercury Cougar Owner Comments

Nov 242014

I'm having the same issue with my 2002 Mercury Cougar as everyone else, but when I put my VIN number into the search, there are no recalls listed for it. I don't think that its right that my life be put in serious danger because of an apparent design issue. This car is losing all power and shutting down. It doesn't matter how fast you are going, it happens at all speeds. We thought the alternator was bad, had it replaced and the battery at the same time. The same day, the car lost all power again and died out going 60 mph on the highway. All the gauges start going crazy and the lights dim and eventually everything including the car just quits. Mercury/Ford, needs to be responsible for this coffin that I'm trying to drive and fix the problem for me and everyone else for free. I've done some online research on this, and it seems like there are a ton of people with the same problem from years 99 to 02.

- Leavenworth, KS, USA