6.0

$1,100.00

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis:

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Jun 012000

Grand Marquis LS 4.6L V8

Now the rest of my car's body has its black paint peeling and changing color from black to white. The hood, tops of each door, below the door windows, top sides of the front fenders, top sides of the rear quarter panels, and both rear C pillar panels all have this cancer of peeling paint. Obviously, Ford's Canadian plant where my Marquis was built had very poor paint quality control. People tell me I should have waxed my car to prevent this peeling paint. But, I have waxed it every year since I bought it new, and the waxing did not prevent this peeling paint. I have also hand washed it regularly too. I don't know if I will ever buy another Ford product due to this peeling paint on my 96 Marquis. There have been other expensive repairs on this Marquis, the cracked intake manifold at 100k miles which was $900, and all 4 power window motors have died at least once. Only 1 of the window motors died while the car was still under its 36k mile warranty, so each window motor replacement cost me $400, or at least $1600 so far.

- , Colorado Springs, CO, USA