2004 Mercury Grand Marquis seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Dec 232015

Grand Marquis

On December 23, 2015 I was driving my 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis through an intersection in harris county, Texas. I had just received a green light and was proceeding to make a left turn when my vehicle was hit by another vehicle in the driver's side front. The damage to my vehicle was severe. The at fault driver's insurance company declared my vehicle a total loss. My vehicle's air bags did not deploy. I was wearing my seat and shoulder belts at the time of the collision. I was examined at a nearby emergency room. They said "no serious injury" but my orthopedic surgeon said I have a separation of my left shoulder.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 152014

Grand Marquis

Takata recall: TL* the contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. The contact stated that there was a sudden loss of power steering ability, which randomly progressed without warning. The contact stated that when the steering wheel was turned left or right, the contact had to apply force to prevent the steering wheel from going straight several times. In addition, the air bag warning light randomly flashed. The vehicle was to be taken to a dealer for inspection and diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Oct 282010

Grand Marquis

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, she fell asleep. The vehicle crashed into a telephone pole. The contact sustained two black eyes as a result. The air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact was unsure if the manufacturer had not been notified. The failure mileage was approximately 85,000.

- Racine , WI, USA