6.0

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Nov 012013

Grand Marquis GS V8

The windshield wipers, on occasion, will stop working. I have had the electrical system tested and nothing shows up. All last winter I dealt with this problem which can be crucial, especially when on the highway and another vehicle splatters your windshield with muddy slush. So far, I've discovered that as long as the car radio is on, the wipers are working, so I constantly have my radio on as a warning signal--it also affects the power windows.

When it happens, I pull off the road, turn the car off, start it again, and everything works again. It also seems to be affected by the weather because it hasn't happened since it warmed up--the same as last year. If it starts up again as the days get cooler and inclement weather sets in, it will have to be taken care of because it is necessary for me to drive and I cannot deal with the dangers involved not being able to clear my windshield on the highway.

- , Westland, MI, USA