2008 Mercury Grand Marquis electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis:

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Owner Comments

Aug 012013

Grand Marquis 8-cyl

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis. Consumer states vehicle was recalled for poor steering. The consumer was in an accident whereby he was unable to turn the ignition key off and shift the gear.

- Lake Hopatcong, NJ, USA

Jan 172012

Grand Marquis 8-cyl

Low beam headlights do not work. High beam works as well as daytime running lights. The dealer said the lcm module needs to be replaced but did not have one in stock and will call me when it comes in. My concern is this problem has been going on since at least the year 2000. Now I have a 100 deductible service warranty on this 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis so it will not be a great expense for me as it would be for others. This issue should have been resolved by now. My guess here is Ford is using overstocked earlier year model parts in the new models being built. I understand this is a defective soldering issue. Why no recall?

- Kensington, CT, USA

Feb 042011

Grand Marquis 8-cyl

The aa control went out in April 2010. I had bought a Ford certified 2008 Grand Marquis that was over on the milage warrenty but still under the time warenty. The blower would only blow air throught the defrosters under the windshield. I brought it ti the dealer were I purchased it and after inspection determoned that the ac control unit #3W7Z*19980 went bad and was told it needed to be replaced @650.00 Ford would not honor the warrenty. I had it relaced. In Feb. 2011 it went out again. The part was covered under the 1 year warrenty but since I drive for a living Ford would not cover it beause of the miles. Thats another problem that should be looked into. I looked on the internet and found that there were numerous times the owners were having the same problem with this unit. My complaint is this is a part that should never go bad in a 2 yr. Time frame then go bad agin in less than a year. Whats going on here?

- Naperville, IL, USA

Oct 152008

Grand Marquis 8-cyl

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis ls had an electrical outage. The consumer stated the trunk lid would not open using the remote control or by pushing the button. All of the lights went out on the instrument panel and the headlights went out as well.

- Farmersville, TX, USA