Huge win for car owners! All TSBs to be made public. The Center for Auto Safety just made the NHTSA (US Government) make public the full text of all TSBs from now on. They are the same organization that has petitioned the NHTSA & filed lawsuits to protect car owners over exploding gas tanks & other major safety issues. Whenever you drive in your car, you are safer thanks in part to a lot of work over the years by this small but very effective consumer advocacy group.

Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety.

10.0

really awful
Crashes / Fires:
1 / 0
Injuries / Deaths:
4 / 0
Average Mileage:
0 miles

About These NHTSA Complaints:

This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.

So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.

2005 Mercury Mariner accessories - interior problems

accessories - interior problem

Find something helpful? Spread the word.
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercury Mariner:

Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.

2005 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

problem #1

Aug 052005

Mariner 4WD 6-cyl

  • Automatic transmission
  • miles

A D V E R T I S E M E N T S

2005 Mercury Mariner. Consumer's vehicle was involved in an accident on August 5, 2005. The vehicle was driven off the road and went into a ditch. Then, the vehicle went airborne and landed in another ditch. The consumer did not remember what exactly happened, but the police department verified the accident. Upon impact, the driver's seat collapsed. The bracket on the 60/40 back seat dislodged, causing the child safety seat to become dislodged from the vehicle and consumer's daughter was thrown into the passenger door head first. The safety belt where the child safety seat was became unlocked. The consumer's husband, who was driving, sustained compression fracture in his back. The child sustained head laceration from right ear across forehead to left ear. This split her forehead open and skull was exposed. Her son was in a high back booster and sustained a broken collar bone. The other daughter sustained abrasions from the 5 point harness on the child safety seat. A police report was taken. The vehicle was totaled. The child with the head laceration was on the 40% side, and the other two children were on the 60% side of the back seat.

- Wheatfield, IN, USA

Not what you are looking for?