1.7

2006 Mercury Mariner wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercury Mariner:

2006 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Oct 112013

Mariner 6-cyl

I was driving from atlanta, ga to columbia, SC. About 2 hours into the trip, there was a sudden noise and clicking sound (later discovered to be the tire hitting the axle). When the car was examined at a mechanics, it was discovered that the tread interior wall began to separate. The part was replaced. The old part is no longer available, though there are photos.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 212014

Mariner 6-cyl

I drove from atlanta, Georgia to el paso, Texas over a two day period. I was not speeding and there were no adverse weather conditions. Preparing for my return trip, I took my car to get an oil change. The mechanic discovered my tire had severe tread separation. The tire has not yet been repaired or replaced, though the car is now using a donut tire in its place.

- Atlanta, GA, USA