5.5

2009 Mercury Mariner brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mercury Mariner:

2009 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Apr 172011

Mariner

Coming to red light one car in front of me. I pushed down on brake petal and it was hard to push down. Engine revved up to over 5 RPM's and car wouldn't stop finally I put car in neutral and engine went back to idle position. Almost rear ended car in front of me. Took Mariner to dealer who wasn't very helpful because he never heard of this before & wanted to know if I wanted to leave Mariner there. Also ask if I had my foot on the gas petal instead of the brake. Dealer was unable to verify concern so they replaced canister purge valve. Have also had transmission problems with this Mariner that I believe still exist. Filled out surveys and was told manager would call but no one ever contacted me. Very unprofessional dealer.

- Howell, MI, USA