2.4

2010 Mercury Mariner brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Mariner:

2010 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Sep 092013

Mariner 6-cyl

The light turned green and I started to roll forward to go, and my car just stopped. I didn't not have enough speed to move from the spot I was in. Stuck in morning traffic I had to turn my car off and try to restart it. It took a few turns of the key and it finally started.

- Shelbyville, KY, USA

Aug 242013

Mariner

I was driving my car merging on to the expressway in a construction zone and as soon as I got on the car completely lost power. I could not push on the gas or anything. Luckily there was an opening in some cones for me to barely have enough power to get out on one lane of traffic in a construction zone in morning rushing hour traffic. I had to turn my car off and luckily it came back on. I have read online that this has been happening to so many people that the part is on national back order. This is crazy! I had my 1 year old daughter in the car and we could have been hit. This is completely unsafe!

- Shelbyville, KY, USA

May 162013

Mariner

The 2010 Mercury Mariner suddenly began stalling while driving 45mph on a two lane road. While this was occurring, it also began jerking and would not accelerate! the wrench light then came on. I was finally able to pull off to the side of the road and a tow truck was called for. The jimmy granger Ford dealership stated that the problem is a bad electronic throttle body.

- Shreveport, LA, USA