2.0

2010 Mercury Mariner miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Mariner:

2010 Mercury Mariner Owner Comments

Oct 272016

Mariner

As I was driving 55 mph on a us route (no overpasses in the area), I heard what sounded like a gun shot and then the glass of my sunroof shattering. The interior shade was closed so I could not see the damage immediately. When I pulled off the road there was a large hole in the center of the sunroof glass and the glass was raised upwards as though it had been impacted from an object thrown from inside the vehicle. There was no evidence of any object that might have impacted it from the outside.

- Hanoverton, OH, USA

Jan 192016

Mariner

Rear liftgate glass shattered suddenly while opening/closing rear liftgate. Automobile was parked.

- Arlington, VA, USA

May 032014

Mariner

I had two separate occasions of my car stalling in the past three days. On May 1st I was traveling at about 40 mph when my wrench light came on and the car stalled out. Fortunately there was a median right by me and I was able to hurry up and move over before the car came to a complete stop. On May 3rd I was traveling at about 35 mph when the wrench light came on and my car stalled out in middle of the road. This time I was stuck in middle of the road but no one was behind me. I was able to restart the car and continue driving. If this had happened on the main road then there would have been a good chance of an accident occurring and harming me or my children.

- Port Orange, FL, USA