2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid:

2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Owner Comments

Aug 032010

Mariner Hybrid

Mercury Mariner hybrid 2009 had it for 18 months and August 3, 2010 upon an approach to a stop light engaging the brakes I heard an audible warning sound and looked at my console to see the warning to check brakes, at that moment my brake pedal went soft and to the floor, I had to apply the emergency brake to stop the mariner to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me. I parked asap in a gas station leaving the mariner and calling for a ride back to my office to pick up another vehicle to get home and the next morning contacted my dealership instructing me to contact Ford to get it towed to them, later that day I get a call from the service department telling me that it was not covered under warranty because I had 40,000 mile on a 18 month vehicle and the repair cost is $1,700. My wife and self could have been injured or worse. I will be willing to cooperate to any extent to help escalate this concern as a safety recall issue.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA