2006 Mercury Milan body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercury Milan:

2006 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Mar 032014

The drives inside door handle broke, it will no longer open the door. I have to keep the car running, roll the window down, stick my hand out the window to open the door, from the outside then keep the door open before I can remove the key.

- Forestville, MD, USA

Dec 132010

Milan 4-cyl

Driver's side door handle broke in the process I dislocated my finger. Door will not lock from inside or outside. Only way out is to either open the window (which is nearly impossible in Michigan winters) or pull the lock open further at the same time that I pull the door handle. I have broken countless fingernails on my left hand because of this. The door pieces are so flimsy, you can tell that they are made out of very, very cheap plastic. Recall? not only is this a nuisance, but it is a very high security issue if needing to get out of the car in a hurry.

- Haslett, MI, USA

Sep 012011

Milan 6-cyl

Pulled into a parking lot with my son in the front passenger seat. Shut off the engine and attempted to pull the driver door handle to exit the vehicle. It (the handle) broke in half and was unable to exit the vehicle quickly or safely. I began to panic as I felt trapped. So I rolled down the power window for air and to calm down. Before I was able to think clearly and try opening the door with the exterior handle from the inside, I exited the vehicle through the driver window. This is clearly a safety issue as the handles are a chronic problem on all 4 interior doors. Someone will need to exit their vehicle quickly. If this happens they are slowed down if not trapped inside. How many complaints will it take to make this a recall issue? Ford has made no effort to correct this problem and re installs the same defective door handles at the dealers. This shows a lack of due diligence on Ford Motor Companies part. Many Ford Fusion & Mercury Milan owners have had the same problem happen on the replacement handles also.

- Crawfordsville, IN, USA

Oct 082012

My driver's side inside door handle broke. I was trying to get out of the car after parking it but couldn't. I had to roll down the window and open the door using the outside door handle. This is a real safety problem and since this isn't an isolated event, (notice the number of complaints and the number of multiple repairs/replacements) Ford should replace them or upgrade them to something more reliable. At some point someone will be injured or worse because they weren't able to exit their car quickly.

- Wayne, MI, USA

Jul 232012

Milan 4-cyl

I have a 2006 Mercury Milan and I have had to replace the driver's door handle twice. Once was under warranty due to the "chrome" peeling off. The second time it was replaced the door handle broke and I ended up paying $54 for a new plastic handle. I have also had the passenger side door handle to break in the same spot and had to replace it and that cost me $35 at the time due to me working for a local Ford company. I strongly feel that this is a safety hazard because if the vehicle caught on fire or you had an accident and the handle happens to break at the same time you would have to roll the window down to open the handle from the outside or crawl to the passenger side to get out. Anyone of larger size would have trouble crawling to the passenger side to get out of the vehicle. I also feel that Ford should have to recall these handles and put something with higher quality in that will not break. I personally foresee this being a lawsuit waiting to happen.

- Bogue Chitto, MS, USA

Jan 052010

My passenger back door handle broke off. It is very seldom that anyone rides in my back seat. I am single and have no children so the handle should not have broken.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Jan 242012

The contact owns a 2006 Mercury Milan. The contact stated that the front driver and passenger doors could not be locked. The locks were able to be engaged but would unlock immediately and independently. The vehicle was not inspected or repaired. The failure mileage and the current mileage was 85,000.

- Bloomington, MN, USA

Oct 072011

Door handle on rear passenger side broken off at 40K, son unable to exit the vehicle.

- Plano, TX, USA

Feb 012010

The contact owns a 2006 Mercury Milan. The door handle on the rear driver side was cracked. The contact was unable to unlock the driver's door from inside the vehicle; she had to roll the windows to unlock the door. The contact called an authorized dealer who stated that they would needed to diagnose the failure. She also called the manufacturer but was told that because the vehicle had no open recalls, they could offer no assistance. The vehicle had not been repaired at the time of the complaint. The failure mileage was approximately 52,000. The current mileage was approximately 53,000.

- Lancaster, PA, USA