2006 Mercury Milan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercury Milan:

2006 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Aug 112015

Had to have vehicle towed to repair shop. Starter was burned out, part was replaced. Check engine light came on and codes read throttle body. I have very subtle issues with the acceleration of my vehicle, but this is the 2nd throttle body code to pop up in the last two years. I assume that it will soon be a problem. Seems to be a very common issue with Fusion/Milan. The only thing more common is the door handle breaking. Funny thing is that I got a recall for the floor mat that does not even cause problems. Part should be covered. Going to try cleaning it, hoping for the best.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 292015

As I was trying to pick up speed from 35 mph my car started to slow down an my check engine light came on. I immediately took it the mechanic to get the diagnostic test ran on it. It showed that I had a bad ignition coil and spark plugs. I bought the coil from Ford and when I got it put in my car 3 minutes later that same coil I bought exploded again! ima mechanic called Ford they said it was a recall on this cars PCM. I've read about this problem from numerous people. Ford needs to do something about this!!!

- Dayton, OH, USA

Sep 012014

Milan 4-cyl

Turned my car on one morning and a wrench indicator light came on followed by the check engine light upon driving to my repair shop to get problem looked at noticed a significant decrease in acceleration power and vehicle was in "limp mode" my mechanic told me. Looked up the issue and found it was a common issue with my make and model and that a complaint has been submitted for a recall of the throttle body on my vehicle and many others so I am submitting my complaint to help get this issue put into recall status as the part is fairly expensive and I don't believe we as a consumer should have to pay out of pocket for a defect from faulty parts installed on the vehicle at the factory.

- Sheffield , MA, USA

Jun 032013

Milan 4-cyl

Put my car into park and my key refused to come out of the ignition. I tried numerous times to put my car in park/drive to see if the ignition will unlock, but it is not communicating that it is in park (steering wheel will not lock, I also can't turn the key backwards and put into auxiliary mode. It wouldn't be a bad thing if I didn't live in the city. Besides the fact that the stupid drivers side door latch is busted too which is a security issue along with a safety issue. Can't a consumer rely on a car manufacture to issue parts that don't break or malfunction... I see online that lots and lots and lots of people have this issue... as this is a major concern, why is there no recall" why should I have to pay out of pocket to get this fixed when it is a known issue" maybe its time to buy a Chevy.

- Haslett, MI, USA