2007 Mercury Milan fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Milan:

2007 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Jan 222014

Milan 6-cyl

2007 Mercury Milan came to a complete stop on a 2 lane highway, at a speed of approximately 55 mph in the left hand lane with heavy traffic, no indication of problem to try and even pull over. Towed to garage, was unable to fix. They towed it to a Ford dealership, coils, spark plugs, throttle body and PCM replaced, still would not run. Towed back to original garage. Did a smoke test on catalytic converter and stated 1 has to be replaced (will not pass inspection) but because of the number of "misfires" they strongly recommend replacing all three. After some searching I have found that this is a problem that Ford has not only known about, but stated that they were cooperating fully with the government, however, there was never a recall. I have placed a complaint with NHTSA. I requested a quote to trade the car in, but because of it's present situation they offered me $3400, kelly blue book value is $7000, I still owe $3700 on this vehicle, still have to have catalytic converters replaced and just hope that it runs, and do not even at this time know the amount of repairs this far. I contacted Ford headquarter and they response was first to have it towed again to the Ford dealer. But when I questioned why I would need to pay yet another towing fee, she abruptly stated. "there is nothing we can do because you didn't have it initially diagnosed by Ford. This car poses a potential life and death situation for the consumer.

- East Fallowfield, PA, USA

Dec 262013

Milan 4-cyl

While first driving my car from a standstill, I noticed the "wrench idiot light" on. The car seemed to buck as it went through it's gears. Also, the speedometer registered "0" at this time. Upon entering the highway, the car would not go into what I think is 4th gear. Several times, the car lurched forward and then throttled back to a low RPM, before responding to the gas pedal. Eventually, I could run at 55 mph @ 3000 RPM's, but it wouldn't shift any further, even when I went faster. At this time, the speedometer needle finally registered my true speed. A couple of times, the RPM's suddenly shot-up and then the engine throttled back. However, the car felt like it should have gone into it's final forward gear but couldn't. on local roads. It shifts extremely hard into it's gears. The whole time, the car's "wrench" light was on.

- Fords, NJ, USA

Jan 062009

On the morning of January 6, 09 my wife stopped to fill her car with gas. After the car was full and the pump shut off she removed the nozzle from the tank and was immediately sprayed was gas. She was lucky that she was just a block from home and was able to get cleaned up without getting hurt. This is not the first occurrence of gas blowback with this car.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA