3.1

2007 Mercury Milan suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Milan:

2007 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Dec 262007

Milan 6-cyl

I started to back up out of my drive way and the coil spring on the front drivers side snapped and went through the tire. That side of the car collapsed and damaged the front end. The car had to be towed to the repair shop. I was told that this failure is a common occurrence with a Ford product especially the Taurus. This part is being recalled on the Taurus. This same exact part is not being recalled on the Mercury. I had to have the both right and left front coil springs replaced along with the sway bars and ball joints. The tire needed to be replaced. The total cost came to $1966.33. I am very fortunate that I was not on the highway when this happened.

- Kenmore, NY, USA