2.4

2008 Mercury Milan lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercury Milan:

2008 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Apr 182012

Milan

In April of 2012 the rear drivers side tail lights blew out. This was right after my lease expired and I had purchased the vehicle. I also bought the extended warranty. Since my lease was up, this was not covered, and much to my surprise, it was not covered under the extended warranty. My vehicle only had 30,000 miles. I wrote several letters and lodged complaints with my dealership and with Ford. Finally in may of 2012, they decided to fix it, free of charge. Yesterday, May 12th, 2015, the rear drivers turn signal blew out. These repairs are outrageously priced, as they are led. They should last for 10 to 20 yrs, but now I have 2 rear drivers side lighting systems that have failed within 3 yrs. My vehicle currently has 60,000 miles on it. Completely unacceptable and very dangerous. I plan on contacting my dealership and Ford to see if there is anything that can be done.

- Schenectady, NY, USA

Aug 052013

Milan 6-cyl

Car acted like it was about to running out of gas. I had about 1/4 tank of gas but went to fill the tank immediately. It still acted as if it was going to stall out, I drove vehicle home and left it parked in the driveway. Later that evening I was telling my husband about the car, he went out to test drive it. The car acted completely fine. Today I went to go on a 65 mile trip and the car started shaking almost uncontrollably more than 1/2 way with a full tank of gas. I waited til I was in a safe area and pulled over thinking that maybe I didn't warm the car up enough. I sat for several minutes and proceeded ahead to my destination but was petrified that I was gonna stall out cause that's how the car was acting. As soon as I arrived I called Ford and told them and they wanted me to wait a few days for an available appt. We took the car to a local mechanic and he made us aware that the problem was a tbs. The PCM is bad and coils are melted. I was just wondering if there was ever a recall issued for this problem since I've read so many of the same complaints.

- Poughquag, NY, USA