6.1

2008 Mercury Milan wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercury Milan:

2008 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

Sep 152010

Milan

When going down to cincinnati, Ohio, shortly after I purchased my Mercury Milan, in September 2010, I had a flat tire outside of akron Ohio. (the car only had 3,000 to 4000 miles on it when I bought it & was kept in a garage during the winter, driven only in the summer months here in Michigan.). I had to purchase a new tire while in Ohio and also purchased a warranty (lifetime) on all the other Michelin tires. Between then and now, I have had no less then 15 to 20 incidents where the low tire pressure light comes on. I have never received a notification from the manufacturer, even though there has been one recall and three service bulletins issued for this vehicle. One of them involves the tires. My vehicle now has 32,000 miles on it and I am told I will be needing new tires shortly. How could this be" I've never had a vehicle that I only got 32,000 miles out of the original set of tires. I'm now suspecting that its possible the tires are leaking air due to the valve stem on the tire itself. I'd like to know why I've never received any bulletins or notifications on recalls. The problem lies either with the manufacturer of the vehicle putting poor quality tires on the vehicle or with the tire manufacturer. I'm on disability and cannot afford new tires. The car has only 32,000 miles on it & is driven gently. I certainly will not be buying Michelin tires ever. One other thing, 2 of the wheels had corrosion ground off them in hopes that the tire would fit better, however, this has not solved the problem. Where does the problem lie? I was told by discount tire that it's simply a matter of economics that manufacturers made the decision that it's "quantity over quality" when putting tires on new cars. In other words poor quality tires are put on new cars?" apparently, this is the case when one needs to buy new tires at only 32,000 miles.

- Novi , MI, USA

Aug 112011

Milan 6-cyl

Rotating tires front wheel stud failed to torque, twisted off.

- Le Sueur, MN, USA

Jan 132008

Milan

The contact owns a 2008 Mercury Milan. While driving approximately 25 mph whenever it snows, the snow gets caught inside the wheels. The vehicle was off balance which caused it to shake and it became difficult to control the steering wheel. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer; however, the dealer has not diagnosed the failure. The failure has occurred for two years and it has become progressively worse. The contact is concerned that a crash could occur. The failure mileage was 25,000.

- Hessel, MI, USA