NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2010 Mercury Milan seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mercury Milan:

2010 Mercury Milan Owner Comments

May 312016

Milan

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Mercury Milan. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 01/04/17

- Haines City, FL, USA

Mar 152016

Milan

Air bag light comes on intermittently ether while driving or stationary. Numerous complaints on internet about this problem. Car has only 15,522 miles. Had car in for recall 15S34. Told them about air bag light and at that time light was on. They told me it was out of safety equipment warranty. Contacted Ford they told me my compliant was noted and that I need not contact NHTSA because they will.

- E. Northport, NY, USA

Nov 162014

Milan 6-cyl

Just checking for defects.

- Ada, OK, USA

Apr 192014

Milan

I have Mercury Milan and I had an accident. A car was turning and turned in front of me I swerved and hit the car that was turning a stop sign, street sign, and a tree. The air bags did not deploy. The car was totaled.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA