2006 Mercury Montego seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercury Montego:

2006 Mercury Montego Owner Comments

May 032009

Montego

The contact owns a 2006 Mercury Montego. The contact stated that the another vehicle crashed into him on the driver's side and none of the air bags deployed. The location of impact was the fender and doors on the driver's side. The doors on the driver's side were caved in as a result. The driver suffered minor injuries during the crash. The police stated that the air bags should have deployed. The vehicle was towed and repaired. The failure mileage was 39,449 and the current mileage was 68,000. Updated 04/10/12 updated 04/16/12 updated 05/02/12.

- Minstrum, MN, USA

Oct 142008

Montego

I was traveling at approximately 50 mph when I realized the truck in front of me was sitting still without any break lights. I hit my breaks but I slammed into the back of the vehicle head on. The entire front end of my car was pushed back toward the windshield. My airbag didn't deploy. I would think that with the bumper and grill being pushed back toward the engine the airbag would have deployed. My son and I were both wearing seatbelts and suffered injuries from those. Despite the seat belt I was still thrown forward almost slamming into the steering wheel. I am severely bruised across my abdomen and right shoulder, I have shoulder and neck pain. I can hardly use my right arm and can not lay down with out excruciating pain in my chest and shoulder. My son only suffered minor bruises and soreness. I wonder if I would have been thrown so far if the airbag had deployed. I also don't think my seat belt should have given that much and should have kept me plastered against the seat. The seat belt did lock up and kept me from moving in two other incidents, where I was only sore.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA