2.6

2004 Mercury Monterey accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Monterey:

2004 Mercury Monterey Owner Comments

Aug 122010

Monterey

On Thursday, August 12, 2010, approx. 6;15pm, my son and I were parked in a parking lot preparing to enter my sons tae kwon do class. We arrived a bit early so decided to sit in the van for approx. 5 minutes. The driver and passenger windows were partially rolled down as we waited. When it was time to go to class, my son approached the rear of the van to retrieve his duffel bag, as he approached, there was a very loud boom and the rear window just blew out with a strong force. Glass shattered for several feet outward. We were shaken by the boom. We actually thought that someone shot out the back window. There was another parent parked two spaces away from me also waiting to enter and he jumped out of his truck when he heard the boom to see if we were ok. If my son had reached the rear of the van seconds before the glass exploded, I believe he would have been seriously hurt. The size of the glass was in shatters. I am shocked that no one was hurt. There are usually many children walking passed the parked cars to get to class. The way this glass exploded and shattered is so unsafe. I am still at a loss as to why it would explode with such force and at the way it shattered! we were very lucky...this time.

- Lakewood, CA, USA