1.7

2004 Mercury Monterey cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Monterey:

2004 Mercury Monterey Owner Comments

Apr 292010

Monterey

While driving my daughter to school this morning, I felt like the accelerator seemed to slip, I had to stop for a bus stop as this happened. When the bus moved and I could go I pushed the gas and the engine revved but the car wouldn't move. There were numerous cars behind me on a narrow two lane road. Fortunately a gentleman offered to push me off the road, I thought I was going to have to have a twelve year old boy get behind the wheel so I could push the van off the road. I had to have the van towed home, and am currently trying to figure out what to do. I just had to have the compressor and fan replaced on this vehicle. This is just one more problem in a long line of problems I have had with this van. This is the worst car I have ever owned. Based on the complaints I've now found on this van same year and model I believe my next step is to contact my senator, this ranks right up there with the Toyota recalls. I'm frankly very surprised there have been no recalls yet for this lemon. I thought I was just unlucky but I see I'm far from the only one suffering from these problems. By the way this van has approximately 94K miles. Not what I would call high mileage.

- Raleigh, NC, USA