2.3

2004 Mercury Monterey suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mercury Monterey:

2004 Mercury Monterey Owner Comments

Mar 132015

Monterey 6-cyl

I have a 2004 Mercury Monterey (same as the Ford Windstar). I took it to my mechanic to have a tune up done, and told me my front sub frame is rusted through and the van is unsafe to drive. Ford issued a recall on the Windstar('99-'03) and even offered a buy back, because the frames were bad. When I called Ford to see what could be done to fix this, he said nothing. There was never a recall for my van, so they wont do anything about it.

- North Kingsville, OH, USA

Dec 022011

Monterey

The contact owns a 2004 Mercury Monterey. The contact stated that both rear wheel wells were severely rusted as well as parts of the vehicle. The contact spoke with the manufacturer and was told that the vehicle would not be repaired because there were too many accumulated miles on the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The current mileage was 184,000 and the failure mileage was unknown.

- Moravia, NY, USA

Oct 142010

Monterey

I have a 2004 Mercury Monterey which I purchased from a dealership in November of 2004 when the van had approximately 7700 miles on it. I have maintained the van. Last night, my teenaged son was driving and the van began pulling hard to the right. My son was nearly home from his job and managed to pull the van into a parking space. The wheels are leaning heavily inward and one (18 month old) tire is buckling. It appears the front axel is breaking. The van is undrivable. I have never received a recall notice for this defect. The van has never been involved in an accident while I have owned it/nor to my knowledge before that. I am attempting to contact Ford to see if the damage is related to a defect indicated in a recall notice in early 2004 prior to my ownership.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

May 202009

Monterey

Front bearing and hub assembly scraping and grinding noise required replacement after 58,000 miles. Could no longer trust extended use of vehicle for fear of catastrophic failure.

- Livonia, MI, USA