8.7

$2,000.00

1. replace transmission (3 reports)
2005 Mercury Monterey transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercury Monterey:

2005 Mercury Monterey Owner Comments

Mar 082012

Monterey V6

After ONLY 3 years of having the transmission replaced it failed AGAIN!!! Do any of the Ford engineers understand transmissions????? Cost me another $2,000....I got rid of this van 3 weeks later!!

- , Red Oak, TX, USA

Oct 012009

Monterey V6

Only had roughly 80,000 miles on my Monterrey van and transmission had to be replaced! Lousy lifespan on transmission.

- , Red Oak, TX, USA

Sep 022011

Monterey

I was driving off an exit ramp onto another highway, I had just made the turn when I completely lost drive power. The engine would rev, the air would blow, the radio would work but I couldn't go anywhere. I was 45 minutes from home and had to sit in the median for an hour waiting for the tow truck to come in 90 degree weather in business attire. I towed the vehicle to the transmission shop where they told me it would be $1,800 to rebuild. I called the dealership where the van was purchased and am having it towed down there next week. I am hoping that they will work with me some on the repair. Regardless it is ridiculous for a vehicle with 65000 miles to have the transmission go out. Additionally, in another circumstance, completely losing my "go" could have resulted in a nasty accident and injury to myself or my kids. I felt like a sitting duck trying to steer the vehicle into the median.

- , Greenwood, SC, USA