1998 Mercury Mountaineer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Mercury Mountaineer:

1998 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Nov 061998

I did proceed to the mercuery dealer for seat belts, our right rear seat belt was on order for 10 months and Mercury dealer wouldn't do anything about it. I had problems with the front seal bealts not retrating and they would stick, I did follow up with a law suit and lost because they thought my seat belt wasn't a problem. The rear right was on order for almost 10 months and still nothing was Nov 1998 I had knocking noise coming from my engine and the dealer ship there was nothing wrong. I complained about it a couple more times and nothing was done. Will June 2000 a new engine was put in because uptown could't find a problem. The most I want is to have Ford take this truck back and forget that lawsuit. Why should I pay for something that the retractor assembleys are not work. Its a saftey matter (dot number: Vd tiresize: P225/75R75)

- Brown Deer, WI, USA