2002 Mercury Mountaineer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jun 282010

Mountaineer V6

I was on the highway coming up on 2 semi trucks going 75 mph when I braked the cruise control sped up fast and sent me and my kids towards the rear end of those semi trailers, I slammed on the brakes and veered onto the shoulder grabbed the shift lever to downshift and it broke off in my hand 1400 miles away from home on alligator alley (I75)

I found out there is a recall on the speed control but the dumb bastards at Ford want to charge me a grand to fix it all when the damn cruise control caused all of this almost killing us and to top it off the dumb ass mechanic at fords dealership in grand Rapids MI called me on the phone to ask me to tell him how to shift the thing without the shift lever so he could move it,I figured it out with a cigarette lighter and dome light in the dark on gator alley at 3am on the side of the highway in 10 minutes and this dumb ass dont know what he's doing,I should have known when I bought a ford,shoulda stuck with chevy,never again will I touch a ford , I think I am going to charge a buck a swing witk a baseball bat to finish this peice of sh*t off!

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA