2002 Mercury Mountaineer windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mercury Mountaineer:

2002 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Sep 242016

Mountaineer 4.6L V8

I'd been noticing that the right hinge on the rear lift glass was beginning to rotate a bit. Then one morning my wife opened it to load some stuff in the back and the hinge snapped loose, causing to whole glass to "dangle" off to one side. I came out and attempted to right it enough to get the strut to go back up and get the lift glass to back in the latch, but as I was pushing it back up, the entire window exploded like the death star. Thankfully nobody was injured except for some very minor cuts on my arms. Now I've learned I'm not the only one to encounter an issue with the rear glass and that there is a recall in place for the hinges and the struts. I wish I'd known that before this all happened. Lesson learned, research your vehicle's issues and stay aware of recalls regularly.

- , Pickerington, OH, USA

Jan 032014

click to see larger images

exploding back window

My husband went out to clear off the car of snow and opened the rear hatch. When he went to close the back window, even before he put the window down the entire window exploded and completely shattered.

- , Dayville, CT, USA