6.5

2005 Mercury Mountaineer transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Mercury Mountaineer:

2005 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jan 012010

Mountaineer V8

I REALLY LIKE MY MOUNTAINEER. THE ONLY PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN THE TRANSMISSION RUMBLING AND GRINDING BETWEEN 2ND AND 3RD OR 4TH AND 5TH GEAR. ALSO I HAVE HAD THE CRACKING OF THE REAR DOOR PANEL. I HATE TO COMPLAIN, BUT THIS SEEMS TO BE A FORD/MERCURY DEFECT THAT SHOULD BE FIXED. I AM GOING TO A TRANSMISSION PLACE TO HAVE THE TRANSMISSION CHECKED OUT TOMORROW.

- , Leesburg, FL, USA

May 012009

Mountaineer

Its not the best to be driving down the street & you can't get it into gear...you got your pedal to the metal & the gear is not kicking in....I'm just waiting for someone to hit me in the rear...When you're driving it goes slow & then jolts your back & then kicks in...something isn't right???

- , West Allis, WI, USA

Jun 012008

Mountaineer Premier V8

I have had problems with this vehicle since i bought it almost.....i have taken it back to the dealer like 4 times and everytime i go they can't find anything wrong with it....now the transmission is jerking and also my check adv trac light is coming on and locking my truck in awd so you cant drive it. took it to the dealer once again and they said it was from my spare tire being on there well guess what i put the regular tire back on and it still doing it......if anyone has had this prolem and found out what it was please e-mail me and let me know...I have always wanted one of these and now that i have one i kinda regret getting it...just want it fixed so i drive my own truck again.....thanks

Update from Jul 17, 2009: well i found the problem with the adv trac and it locking in awd.....the front wheel bearing is what the dealer said so we ordered a part and it is getting fixed on sunday...i will update you on what happens

- , Russellville, IN, USA

Mar 112009

Mountaineer V6

I have a 2005 Mercury Mountaineer. It jerks and grinds when you accelerate. Also the tailgate has a crack in it by the Mercury emblem.

- , Hephzibah, GA, USA