7.1

2006 Mercury Mountaineer wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mercury Mountaineer:

2006 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Mar 032008

Mountaineer 8-cyl

My 2006 Mercury Mountaineer has intermittently jolted or lurched forward when stopping for lights and stop signs after speeds over 30 mph. Hasn't gotten away from me but feels as if I am going to hit something or someone ahead of me. Extremely scary when people are in cross walk. I took my car to the Ford dealer shortly after buying it used. The dealer checked it out and denied it was happening. That was years ago and tonight I saw numerous complaints on another website about this problem. Was looking because now I am getting a grinding noise from my wheels which persists after a brake job that didn't fix it as I thought. Both problems are separate but I see a pattern of them on this vehicle now.

- New Buffalo, MI, USA