2007 Mercury Mountaineer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer:

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Aug 122016

The contact owns a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. While driving at an unknown speed, the driver's seat adjusted on its own. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the ignition needed to be replaced. The repair was not made. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 87,000.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Mar 172016

When driving the vehicle at any speed the seat moves all the way back and the interior lights come on. This also happens when you brake or go over a bump. This is very dangerous to someone of my size because when the seat goes all the way back I can no longer touch the pedals. This is happening very often and I have googled it and I can see that a lot of other people who own this year make and model are having the same problems with their vehicle. I have taken it to several mechanics and Ford dealers and nobody seems to be able to figure out what is wrong with it.

- Verona, NJ, USA

Oct 012014

Mountaineer 8-cyl

I was driving my vehicle and the driver's seat moved back, and the dome light came on. This really scared me! thank god I wasn't on the highway traveling at a higher rate of speed with other vehicles when this occurred. The first time this happened was approximately 3 months ago (the seat moves back, I move the seat up & it goes back again, I move it up again...until it finally stops). This continues to happen periodically every since.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Jul 012014

Mountaineer 6-cyl

Driver's seat moved back, dome lights illuminated (vehicles "easy exit" feature) while driving at highway speeds. Luckily I am tall enough to reach the pedals and wheel while the seat was moved back, but my wife is only 5' 4" and would have a hard time reaching. This is a serious issue that has been happening to many other Mountaineer as evidenced by the many reports on the internet. The cause is any slight bumping of the ignition switch or the steering column/wheel.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Sep 012014

The contact owns a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 30 mph, the seat intermittently moved backwards. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Woodland, WA, USA

May 232014

The contact owns a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. The contact stated while driving various speeds the automatic driver's seat would move independently and the interior lights illuminated independently. This failure continued to occur for a month. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 112,000.

- South Fulton , TN, USA

Apr 252013

Mountaineer 6-cyl

While driving the power drivers seat began to move back as if the car had been shut off. It has occurred several times. I have found that by moving the ignition key the seat returns to the driving position. The danger is twofold 1. it puts the driver in an unsafe position. 2. it could easily cause a severe accident. I am taking the car to a Ford dealer to have it corrected.

- Troy, NY, USA

Apr 012014

Mountaineer 6-cyl

While driving the driver seat went back taking my foot off the pedal. This happens all the time. I have tried to deactivate the easy exit program but I have not been able to.

- Brunswick, ME, USA

Jan 072014

I was driving down the road at 75 mph and the drivers seat moved back to the easy exit position and the light came on. This also happened to my 16 year old daughter as she was driving the vehicle to the store the other day and really frightened her.

- Paola, KS, USA

Sep 112013

Mountaineer 6-cyl

While driving on the highway the drivers seat moved all the way back and interior lights came on. The seat proceeded to go forward and backwards numerous times. This has happened regularly from September to December. On back roads and highways.

- Monson, ME, USA

Sep 132013

I hit a bump and the seat moved back and the dome light turned on. I am 6 foot 1 and even for me the pedals are a reach. It has also happened to wife and she is much shorter than me and cannot reach the pedals at all. This is very dangerous.

- Florissant, CO, USA

Jun 122012

Mountaineer 8-cyl

I was driving on the expressway at 55 mph. I hit a slight bump in the road. The dome lights came on and the seat moved backwards, as if I had just removed the key from the ignition. I thankfully thought quickly and pushed on the key, which made the seat move back into position. It was just a miracle that the first thing I thought to do to fix the problem actually did. That could have been a very serious incident, as my feet were too far from the brake pedal and I could hardly reach it. I would not have been able to stop if I needed to stop quickly. That was the first of many occurrences. It has happened to me turning corners, driving on bumpy roads, having to brake suddenly (I just barely missed hitting the car in front of me), and even pulling in and out of my driveway.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Jun 152011

The contact owns a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the front driver's side seat moved back inadvertently. The manufacturer was not made aware of failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Nov 052012

The contact owns a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. While driving approximately 40 mph, the front driver's side seat moved backward and forward independently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician was able to duplicate the failure and recommended replacing the ignition. The technician advised that if the failure continued, then the seating harness would have to be replaced. The contact had the technician disconnect the seat. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 52,000.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Feb 022012

While driving on a few different occasions now, my driver's seat which is power operated moved backwards on its own and the interior lights came on. I had to readjust the seat myself and then the interior lights went out once the seat was readjusted. The first time it happened I thought it was just a fluke as I have only owned this vehicle a little over a month. It has happened maybe 4-5 times now. Today I was going around a curve in the road and it happened. It really could have caused an accident because it was on the interstate and I was traveling 55-60 mph.

- Grafton, WV, USA

Jan 012008

While driving at any speed the seat will go back to its parked position and the interior light comes on as if the car was shut off. You touch the key ignition and the seat goes back to driving position and the light goes out.

- Fairless Hills, PA, USA

Nov 182011

Mountaineer 8-cyl

In regards to fitting two backless booster seats in the middle row of a 60-40 fold bench: On the passenger side- the seat does not slope on the sides and the buckle has a cloth strap and it is flexible and moves out of the slot to fit to his buckle. The seat is slightly wider than the drivers side. Driver's side- the seat is more contoured and the buckle is affixed to the seat and does not move or come up because of the 60-40 split. When the booster seat is placed out of the edge of the Contour on the drivers side- it completely covers the buckle. Therefore, one must sit the booster unsafely at an angle where one side is higher than the other to get the buckle to fit in. I am certain in the event I slam on my brakes or get rearended, one child's seat would go flying, whereas the other seat fits safe and secure (passenger side).

- Cincinnati, OH, USA