3.3

2007 Mercury Mountaineer body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer:

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jan 222015

Mountaineer 8-cyl

Exact same as NHTSA id # 10654146. The "easy exit" feature activated at 65 mph in freeway traffic. I am 6' tall and was able to slide seat forward, but my wife is 5' tall and may have had issues reaching the pedals... this has since happened on 3 other occasions ( 2 at freeway speed, and once pulling into our driveway). I will contact dealer, but wanted search recalls first.

- The Dalles, OR, USA

Jan 302008

Mountaineer

While driving on freeway over a small crack, dashboard reported that rear driver side door became loose, had to pull over and re-close the door. I drive this route/lane everyday to work, it hasn' T happen for six months (that's when I bought my Mountaineer). Don't know if this is a random event or due to some design problem. It can be scary, what if the door became wide open while driving! remember the door is closed before it became loose.

- Taylor, MI, USA