1.8

2007 Mercury Mountaineer engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer:

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Sep 082015

Mountaineer

A repair shop told me that my engine was leaking coolant that could make the engine run hot and fail. After doing some online research, I found that this is a common problem with these vehicles as Ford used a cheap plastic part which easily cracks and allows coolant to leak. The leak also affects other parts of the engine cause them to perform improperly. Ford is aware of this problem but has failed to issue a recall despite their knowledge and the risks to the consumer.

- Mayfield, KY, USA

Mar 292014

Mountaineer

The contact owns a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer. The contact stated while driving 40 mph the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for inspection and they stated that the engine overheated and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

May 012012

Mountaineer 8-cyl

I was driving on the highway and noticed that my steering was not working well. My engine was overheating and eventually shut off. I had to pull over on the side of the highway. When I got someone to look at the car, we realized it had no coolant. We filled up the coolant and everything seemed fine. About a month later I noticed that the engine was making the same noise as it had before as if it were working too hard. I checked the coolant and it was completely empty again. I have a friend who also owns the mm and had the same problem. The repair and cost of a new radiator was 1500. Ford/merucy needs to do a recall on this product and get it taken care of. I just purchased this car in January and should not have to be spending so much money on a repair.

- Columbia, MD, USA