2.3

2007 Mercury Mountaineer steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mercury Mountaineer:

2007 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Jan 222015

Mountaineer 8-cyl

Exact same as NHTSA id # 10654146. The "easy exit" feature activated at 65 mph in freeway traffic. I am 6' tall and was able to slide seat forward, but my wife is 5' tall and may have had issues reaching the pedals... this has since happened on 3 other occasions ( 2 at freeway speed, and once pulling into our driveway). I will contact dealer, but wanted search recalls first.

- The Dalles, OR, USA

Oct 012014

Mountaineer 8-cyl

I was driving my vehicle and the driver's seat moved back, and the dome light came on. This really scared me! thank god I wasn't on the highway traveling at a higher rate of speed with other vehicles when this occurred. The first time this happened was approximately 3 months ago (the seat moves back, I move the seat up & it goes back again, I move it up again...until it finally stops). This continues to happen periodically every since.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

May 012012

Mountaineer 8-cyl

I was driving on the highway and noticed that my steering was not working well. My engine was overheating and eventually shut off. I had to pull over on the side of the highway. When I got someone to look at the car, we realized it had no coolant. We filled up the coolant and everything seemed fine. About a month later I noticed that the engine was making the same noise as it had before as if it were working too hard. I checked the coolant and it was completely empty again. I have a friend who also owns the mm and had the same problem. The repair and cost of a new radiator was 1500. Ford/merucy needs to do a recall on this product and get it taken care of. I just purchased this car in January and should not have to be spending so much money on a repair.

- Columbia, MD, USA