2008 Mercury Mountaineer accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mercury Mountaineer:

2008 Mercury Mountaineer Owner Comments

Apr 062010

Mountaineer

While driving on a long trip, without warning, the memory seats change seat setting and went back fully as if I shut the vehicle off, this happened several times while I was driving without my assistance. I finally realized that when I touched the keys in the ignition, the seat went back to its original setting. When this occurred I was unable to reach brake and accelerator pedals which could have caused a fatal accident to occur. If this happened at a time that I needed to apply the brakes, I would not be able to and there would have been no way for me to stop. I took my vehicle to an authorized dealer who replaced the ignition. On 6/6/2012 the same thing happened again (mileage 60774), this time I struck the car in front of me, it was a good thing it happened while I was in traffic, and neither vehicle sustained damage. I brought my vehicle to the same authorized dealer who replaced the ignition again. Thank god all repairs were covered under my warranty. I have been lucky twice. My warranty runs out at 75000, what if it happens a third time, what will my cost then"??? or what if it happens while traveling on the highway and I need to stop?"

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Aug 272010

Mountaineer

The contact owns a 2008 Mercury Mountaineer. The contact stated that while driving 40 mph, the easy exit feature would activate causing the driver seat to move backward out of position and push the contact away from the steering wheel and pedals. The feature would also move the seat back in position while the contact was driving. The contact stated that once the easy exit feature was engaged, there was no way to stop it. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer to replace a sensor the driver seat but the failure continued. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who installed a new wiring harness but the problem was not solved. The failure mileage was approximately 16,000

- Carmichaels, PA, USA